Sunday 15 June 2014

Let it be German

Spend the whole day doing nothing.

Somehow, I feel really tired today.

Slept most of the day off.

Nope, it's not because I have been watching the World Cup matches.

Most of the matches are so early in the morning and I am not much of a football fan to sacrifice my sleep to watch them.

I have not watch a single match.

But four years ago I did watch some of the World Cup matches.

The time zone was not so bad at that time.

I remember supporting Germany.


I think they played a very attractive football in that tournament.

In fact I think they played better than the eventual champion Spain.

As it is, Spain was thrashed the other day by Holland 5-1. I saw the results in the newspapers.

From what I was told, Holland is the best runners up of the World Cup. Always a good team, but not good enough to win the trophy. It would be nice for them if they could actually win the tournament this time around.

Whatever it is, I will continue to support Germany. I would consider it as my adopted football country.

No particular reason for it except that I like their team the last time I watched them played.

Well, what to do....Malaysia will never get to the World Cup. At least not in my life time, I think.

Anyway, I don't think I will stay up to watch even the matches played by Germany...except maybe if they are in the final match.

I just pick them as my team so that I would not be left out when they talk football in the office over the next weeks.

20 comments:

  1. interesting...okey oriat okey...but now that you have tell the team that you like...why not tell the team you dont like...atleast the team that you would like to see losing....:D

    boleh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Malaysia will never get to the World Cup. At least not in my life time, I think."

      Well, don't stop at thinking that it's impossible. Instead, pray to make it possible and work real hard and smart to make it come true .....

      Mokhtar Dahari vs Arsenal:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAYeVDKonTg

      Delete
  2. Annie must be driving German Marque to fully support Germany in the World Cup. Well, can't blame her for that if its true. Myself is driving and riding German Marque too and always support German in all their apperance in the World Cup since Franz Beckenbauer era.

    GO GERMANY GO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a she man interested in footy and hit aeroplane. Annie does that

      Delete
  3. I hope JDT won. It proved the theory that money can buy trophies. A liberal dose of gedebe and kurang ajar goes along way too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brazil, Argentina, Germany or Spain: Who'll win the World Cup this year?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJ5yq60wU4

    ReplyDelete
  5. mari, mari mahu tryyyy, bola sepak orang buta lah!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaAHIWnfhj4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Malam ni German vs Portugal pukul 11.55 malam Annie. Takde la lewat sangat. Just nice la tu. Sempat la catching some sleep before going to work tomorrow. Jom la Annie stay up malam ni..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. See how la. I think Germany will win 3-1 :-)

      Delete
    2. i hope Germany will win too.....nervous dah ni :)

      Delete
    3. Hi hi... Germany did better than you had anticipated. It's 4 - 0 to Germany.

      EVLee

      Delete
  7. "I always had a philosophy which I got from my father. He used to say: "Listen. God gave you the gift to play football. This is your gift from God. If you take care of your health, if you are in good shape all the time, with your gift from God no one will stop you, but you must be prepared.'" [Pele in the 70's]

    "The trouble for today's footballers is they have too many distractions. We used to get our old players coming to watch training with football magazines in their hands. Now, more often than not, they are checking the share prices."
    [Franz Beckenbauer in the 70's]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Groundwell against YTL but pro-PKR The Edge defending.

    http://anotherbrickinwall.blogspot.com/2014/06/groundwell-against-ytl-but-edgedefend.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soccer is no longer a sport but a massive mega bucks industry. As in any industry there are major players who effectively control the industry. In soccer, the European call the shots. It is unthinkable that these major players will not be part of the actions. Similarly much of the "favourable decisions" on and off the field will be with them. Brazil's penalty decision is a clear example.

    So, don't be fooled by the results. I consider soccer just another wrestling. An entertainment, just another clown show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. halo anie..Germany will be in the final..they are strong and efficient like the merc n bmw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merc and BMW always break down, especially after the warranty period

      Delete
    2. In this case, lets go dutch

      Delete